Monday, July 21, 2008

First Blog :: Favourites of 2007



Welcome to the first official post on the blog for Jodie Chapman Photography! I've been aiming to get the blog up and running for a while now, and as it's now wedding season, could there be a better time to talk weddings.

For my first entry, I thought I'd post some of my favourite images and moments from weddings in 2007. Cue drum roll...

This is one of my favourite images [below] - the gorgeous colours and lots of natural light pouring through from a large bedroom window are the key players in this shot, not to mention the beautiful bride. Her bridesmaids were fantastic and giving her lots of attention: exactly what a bride needs as she nervously prepares.

Shots like this are always fun and essential to capture. There is usually great friendship between a bride and her adult bridesmaid(s) and so their ease with each other should be totally natural.



























I'm a big believer in black and white and it's those shots that
will keep a wedding album stylish in years to come.

This is definitely one of those shots. It's relaxed, it's natural and it shows a moment. That is what wedding photography is all about.















and again...I love the expressions.

2 comments:

jessica said...

Your first official response! Love it, I wish you'd been old enough to do the photos at my wedding!

Matthew said...

I think photoshop is really excellent.I wish you,d been old enough to do the photos at my wedding. Still a two year old with a camera is a dangerous combination. Very well done on winning the competition.PS Why doesn,t Jessica go to bed at a sensible time?