Sunday, November 9, 2008

California Dreamin'

I thought I would post a few images from my recent trip to the States, where we took in the rugged beauties of the Pacific coast, the midcentury architecture of Palm Springs, the heat of the desert & the cityscape of New York.

Starting with a little San Francisco...
Sunrise over Santa Cruz...
Driving down Route 1...
Street photography in Santa Barbara...
where we found my Digital SLR User portrait & article...
Bumped into the Arctic Monkeys here..
My sister got married at the 29 Palms Inn back in 2002, and it really is a fantastic wedding venue. In the heart of the Californian desert, she hired a yellow school bus to ferry all the guests to the ceremony which took place at sunset amidst the Joshua Trees. We then went back to the Inn where the reception took place in a courtyard decorated with cactuses and fairy lights. If you want a venue that's a little bit quirky with some rustic charm, this is the place to go.

No comments: